Wednesday, August 27, 2008

News from SDLN

Last night I began some system maintenance to prepare our production environment for the installation of ILL2. In order to do this I had to shutdown Aleph so I could perform a cold backup of the database. The backup is still running and is a little over 2/3 complete. I estimate that it will take another 3-4 hours to complete but if it should finish sooner than that the system will be brought up immediately and a notice sent out. Once again, I apologize for the downtime but we are doing our best to fix ILL as quickly as possible and unfortunately, taking the system back down is our first step. If there are any changes I will make sure to update everyone.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Crooks
Systems Administrator/Network Security
South Dakota Library Network
605.642.6252
scrooks@sdln.net

No comments: